Friday 1 May 2009

I'm back!

I've had a very frustrating week without the Internet. I didn't realise how much I used it until I couldn't. It was much worse for Robert of course who relies on it for his work. The only thing I NEED it for is to check emails which seem to be the first port of call for anyone trying to get in touch with me these days.

I've been hunched over a computer at the David Lloyd Club most mornings - when I could get on one of them and man are they SLOW! Patience isn't a virtue I know much about so that was quite testing. It did take me back to our 'Big Trip' in 2007 when I had to seek out Internet access in strange places to keep up to date with the blog. It was a real focus for me......and remembering that made me think that I could really do with a holiday....

I'd been waiting for an email for weeks about a Children's Book Festival in California and had given up hope of hearing anything. So of course it was Sod's Law that it came yesterday (when I was checking up on Robert's iPhone) and discovered that I was in IF I could get the books to them by next Friday. (Sadly it's only the books and promotional stuff going NOT me....I couldn't get things sorted out in time, although goodness knows that would have been a great holiday!)So manic packing and posting has been going on and best of all the Internet was back up and running so that I could sort out all the financial stuff securely online!

PHEW!

No comments: