Monday 11 May 2009




I have a craving for lambs. Not to eat of course, to see frolicking around in a field, to touch, to feel that curly white hair. And if I had a couple of lambs I'd need a cow too. And some hens. And definitely a donkey.....

Sadly our garden is too small and I'm not sure that I'm ready to move out of Wimbledon quite yet. And if I want my fresh air fix (sadly without livestock) we're lucky that the Common is almost literally on our doorstep. Not only that but we also have the very lovely Cannizaro Park too, so beautiful at this time of year.

It has in the past looked a little sad and neglected in parts, due to the inevitable lack of funds. But the Friends of Cannizaro have done a great job in sprucing it up, and it even has its own herb garden now which the chefs at Cannizaro House take advantage of.

Ted and I love it there best of all at this time of year with the banks of azaleas and rhododendrons coming into bloom. It smells fantastic too so it is quite an assault on the senses all round. The perfect way to start the day. Even without the lambs.
http://www.cannizaropark.org.uk/

(The photos are well down to my usual standard, but I did take them on my phone!)

No comments: