Sunday 19 April 2009

My favourite books







In my presentation to children I always talk about my favourite books - the ones that I treasure and mean the most to me. There are lots of reasons why a book is important to me - it might make me laugh, cry, remember something particuarly poignant. I always take 5 favourite books with me. But now I am going to have to add another.

At our reunion Cathy (she of the song lyrics) gave me a book which the children in her class had made for me. She had read 'The Extremely Very Scrambled Up World of Little Doogs' to them and they had all drawn a picture of one/all of the characters and said what they liked about them. It was such a lovely thoughtful thing for her to do and I will treasure it forever. The drawings are fabulous - Honey and Jezza had obviously made the biggest impressions - and reading what the children had chosen to write is .....actually very moving.

I struggled to choose which pages to upload because quite frankly the whole book is worth sharing.

Children in Class 2 at St Patrick's Primary School in Elland - I think you are WONDERFUL!!!! THANK YOU!

No comments: